We are committed to protecting individuals’ personal data in line with the requirements of applicable law.
Our commitment applies to all individuals whose personal data it may process. “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
1. Who is MAP Legal Aliant?
MAP Legal Aliant’s corporate name is S. PARPARINOS & ASSOCIATES LLC, a company limited by shares, duly registered under the laws of Cyprus with Registration Number HE 303559, and having its registered office of 58 Iphigeneias Avenue, CITY HOME 53, Office 401, P.C. 2003 Nicosia.
2. Personal data that we may collect:
We collect personal data for a variety of reasons. These may include:
Personal data for contact, service provision and other purposes:
These may include, name, position, residential address, identification details (e.g. passport) postal address, business address, mobile number, email address, proof of source of income, login and other account data where you may be provided such data by an to login to any platform by which we may offer services.
Information necessary to make payments:
This may include bank account details and other relevant details.
In offering services we may process personal data relating to individuals such as proof of residence documentation, source of income, tax identification numbers.
Publicly available information:
We may also process personal data from public sources including from databases for compliance checks.
Appointment to office:
We may process personal data in relation to individuals that may be appointed to an official position such as directors, shareholders or the secretary to a company or officers or persons involved in any other legal entity.
Compliance with statutory obligation:
We may process personal data where obliged to do so under the law (e.g. employment records, company records, tax reporting obligations).
Information collected during the registration for an event or conference organised by MAP Legal Aliant:
We may organise different kind of events or conferences either for promoting and marketing its services to existing and potential clients, for networking purposes or for finding potential candidates for employment.
In this respect, we may process personal data (e.g. name, surname, contact details and if relevant details in regard to academic and/or professional qualifications (including, but not limited to, name of University, subject of study, year of study) for efficient organisation and management of an event or conference. This information may be used for future contact, only with your consent, in order to market our services to you or in order to inform you for similar events or in regard to possible employment opportunities that are tailored to you if appropriate. This information will be held by us if you consent, in accordance with article 7(3) of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation EU 2016/679).
Photographs/pictures, presentations, audio and video recording of speakers and participants and live web streaming of the events or conferences may be taken. They may be reproduced in various media including our publications, our website, social networks, TV channels and the press, in connection with the event or conference as well as for promotional activities of MAP Legal Aliant.
If you wish that your image or voice is not recorded and published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please follow the procedure described below at paragraph 11 for making a request.
3. Time of collection of personal data
Personal data may be collected by an MAP Legal Aliant where you or an organisation with which you are related in any capacity (e.g. employee, officer, representative) contact us in relation to any services that it may provide. Your personal data may also come to our possession in case you express any interest to and/or become an employee of us. Your data may also be processed if you sign up to receive any informative or marketing material including our Regulatory Alerts. Your personal data may also be processed if you sign up to participate in an event or conference organised by us. Your data may also be collected when an organisation engages an MAP Legal Aliant to provide services and you are engaged in the organisation in any capacity that is relevant (for example, director, representative, employee of such entity with which MAP Legal Aliant deals in providing any services.)
MAP Legal Aliant may also collect personal data from other sources including client entities, government agencies and risk intelligence service providers (e.g. World-check).
4. Use of your personal data:
We will process personal data to:
- Provide its services or enter into discussions for the provision of services to you or a Client Entity;
- Manage the day-to-day tasks relating to the business relationship with you or a Client Entity (e.g. communication, payments, invoicing, support);
- Analyse, market and improve its services as well as develop new services that may be of interest to you or a Client Entity;
- For physical security and IT security purposes;
- For insurance coverage purposes;
- In compliance with its legal obligations including accounting and tax;
- To be able to identify the individuals acting for a Client Entity or engaged by a Client Entity in a task which requires that MAP Legal Aliant to communicate with such individuals;
- To defend or uphold its legal rights;
- To comply with any order of a responsible court or other authority;
- In relation to any services that may be offered to MAP Legal Aliant by any person or other entity including for example legal services, tax services, public services;
- For research purposes regarding the effectiveness of website services, marketing, advertising and sales efforts;
- To keep you or a Client Entity informed in relation to its services and products;
- For direct marketing purposes in promoting the MAP Legal Aliant’s legitimate interest. In such a case you may opt-out of direct marketing as provided further below;
- For recruitment, employment, payroll and other related purposes of MAP Legal Aliant;
- For organising an event or conference and providing relevant information to participants;
- For purposes that are similar or connected to the above or for any other purpose that you or a Client Entity will provide personal data to us.
5. Legal ground for personal data processing
We may process the personal data set out above on one or more of the following:
- You have provided your consent to MAP Legal Aliant for the specific purpose of processing;
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you or a Client Entity are party or in order to take steps at your or a Client Entity ‘s request prior to entering into a contract with MAP Legal Aliant;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which MAP Legal Aliant as the controller is subject;
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by MAP Legal Aliant as the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child. Examples where MAP Legal Aliant may process personal data on this ground, for fraud detection and prevention as well as credit and KYC checks, inquire in relation to politically exposed persons, product development, communications and marketing, insurance purposes, employment and recruitment purposes, IT purposes (e.g. data loss prevention, information, system, network and cyber-security, employment data processing, general operations and due diligence (e.g. internal customer analysis, reporting and management information).
6. Provision of your personal data to third parties
- We may share information in the context of providing services to you or a Client Entity to entities offering services in relation to KYC, AML and fraud prevention checks, financial institutions whose services may be required as part of the services that you require an us to provide to you, other service providers (e.g. IT support and maintenance providers, online storage centres, cloud service providers. and statistics monitoring).
- We may also share your information where obliged to do so by an applicable court order and/or where required to do so by an applicable law.
7. The safety of your personal data
MAP Legal Aliant takes the appropriate measures (physical, organisational and technical) to ensure the safety of your personal data. Your personal data may be stored electronically or in paper form.
8. Personal data that you or a Client Entity provide to us in relation to other individuals.
Where you or a Client Entity provides to MAP Legal Aliant personal data of other individuals (e.g. officers, secretary, employees, other individuals that the Client Entity interacts with or persons related to you) you or the Client Entity (as the case may be) represent to MAP Legal Aliant that you or the Client Entity are duly entitled to do this.
You or a Client Entity also represent and that the individual in question is aware of the relevant MAP Legal Aliant data protection practices as stated in this policy which may be relevant to the individual, how such MAP Legal Aliant may be contacted as well as such information that you or a Client Entity are obliged to provide to such individual under applicable laws in relation to MAP Legal Aliant.
9. How long we store your personal data for
MAP Legal Aliant stores personal data for no longer than is reasonably necessary for its processing purposes. Where MAP Legal Aliant stores personal data based on your consent, it will delete such personal data when you withdraw your consent and provided that it is not obliged under law to maintain such data. In case of recruitment activities, MAP Legal Aliant will delete your personal data if you are not employed unless you expressly consent for to the storing of your personal data for potential future roles and/or other purposes. If you accept an offer of employment by MAP Legal Aliant, any relevant personal data collected during your pre-employment period will become part of your personnel records and will be retained. Each MAP Legal Aliant may in any case, keep personal data as long as is necessary for the defending or making of legal claims as provided by applicable limitation laws in Cyprus.
10. Transfers of personal data to third countries
MAP Legal Aliant may transfer personal data to third countries outside the EU/EEA where required for any of the purposes stated above including for storage purposes. In each such case, MAP Legal Aliant will ensure that such transfers will comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation EU 2016/679 based on a Commission Adequacy decision, or appropriate safeguards (e.g. standard contractual clauses) or other grounds provided by the GDPR. You may contact MAP Legal Aliant to be informed of the appropriate or suitable safeguards (as the case may be).
11. Your rights as a data subject
- Right of access – you have the right to request from to provide you with a copy of the personal data that we hold about you in which case we shall do so.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to request from us to correct the personal data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – you have a right to request MAP Legal Aliant in certain circumstances to erase your personal data from its records. In case that these circumstances apply to your case and provided that no exception to this obligation applies (e.g. where we are obliged to store your personal data in compliance with a legal obligation under Cypriot or EU law), MAP Legal Aliant erase your personal data from its records.
- Right to restriction of processing – you have a right to request from MAP Legal Aliant where certain conditions apply, to restrict the processing of your personal data. Where these conditions apply MAP Legal Aliant will restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right of portability – you have the right to request from MAP Legal Aliant where certain conditions apply, to have the data it holds about you transferred to another organisation. Where these conditions apply MAP Legal Aliant will transfer your personal data to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object on grounds relating to your particular situation, to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that MAP Legal Aliant refuses your request for any rights of access, it will provide you with a reason as to why.
You can make a request or exercise these rights by sending this by e-mail to the following e-mail address:
We may request you to provide us information for the purpose of verifying your identity and residency in order for us to comply with our security obligations and to prevent unauthorised disclosure of data.
We will answer your request, or request additional information form you within 1 (one) month. Occasionally, it may take us longer than 1 (one) month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you within 1 (one) month of the receipt of your request about the extension and keep you updated.
MAP Legal Aliant may charge you a reasonable fee when a request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive, or we receive a request to provide further copies of the same data. In this case we will send you a fee request which you will have to accept prior to us processing your request. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
12. Failure to provide personal information
If MAP Legal Aliant requests you to provide to it personal data and you fail to do so MAP Legal Aliant may not be in a position to provide a service and/or enter into an agreement with you, in which case it will inform you accordingly.
13. Your right to make a complaint.
Our GDPR Unit will endeavour to promptly respond to your requests and complaints. In the event that you are unsatisfied, with the way we have handled your personal data or any privacy query or request that you have raised with us, you may submit a complaint to MAP Legal Aliant’s GDPR Unit in writing at the following email address: email@example.com
We will try to respond to all requests within 1 (one) month. Occasionally, it may take us longer than 1 (one) month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you within 1 (one) month of the receipt of your request and keep you updated.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Cyprus Data Protection Commissioner. You can find details about how to do this on the following website: