Asset protection across borders. Estate planning and trust administration. Wealth transfer tax minimization. These are just a few of the ways our estate planning experts can help clients plan for the future. In estate planning, the objectives are deeply personal, and each case is unique. That’s our layers are skilled at developing customized strategies and finding the best solutions to difficult legal questions, such as:
- What is the best way to pass a business to children?
- How should an estate be structured to accomplish both family and charitable objectives?
- Should assets be retained in a trust or distributed outright?
- How can worldwide taxation be minimized and asset value be maximized?
We help our clients formulate their objectives, line up ownership structures for business and personal assets, set up buy-sell agreements, complete trust structures, and take advantage of the shifting international tax regime. For multinational families, where the tax laws of more than one country can create onerous and unfair tax results, the complexity of estate planning deepens and the need for local expertise intensifies. By working in teams, our lawyers from around the world work together to help clients optimize all of their planning objectives.
Ways our asset protection and estate planning lawyers assist clients:
- Drafting wills and trusts for domestic and cross-jurisdictional asset ownership
- Structuring business succession
- Structuring wealth transfer to minimize taxation
- Asset protection planning
- Local and multinational trust and estate administration
- Income and estate tax treaty planning
- Research, analysis, and legal opinion letters
What People Say
Having the ability to be well represented by a company that has ties internationally broadens the mind. As a firm with multiple branches around the globe MAP LEGAL Alliant has help us solve and resolve matters, we once were in two minds. Thank you and would recommend to anyone with international presence.